- Lucy interviews Peter Brown on a YouTube video.
- Read-a-long with William Grimm on YouTube.
- Peter Brown created an activity kit to go along with the book. It is a free download on his website.
- Reading is Fundamental has multiple activities for children related to this book.
- How to explain community to a child with activities from Love to Know.
For Parents and Caregivers
“You Will Be My Friend” was selected for the Next Walk StoryWalk because the 2023 Summer Reading theme will be “All Together Now” focusing on community and friendship. This book is a New York Times Bestseller and an Irma Simonton Black and James H. Black Award for Excellence in Children’s Literature Honor Book (2012).
A little more about Peter Brown: He has always loved telling stories. Growing up in New Jersey, he told stories by drawing whimsical characters and scenes from his imagination. As a teenager, he fell in love with writing and began telling his tales with words. While studying illustration at Art Center College of Design, Peter’s love of both words and pictures led him to take several courses on children’s books, and before long he knew he’d found his calling. Peter has written and illustrated many books for children and earned numerous honors, including a Caldecott Honor, a Horn Book Award, two E.B. White Awards, two E.B. White Honors, a Children’s Choice Award for Illustrator of the Year, two Irma Black Honors, a Golden Kite Award, a New York Times Best Illustrated Book Award and multiple New York Times bestsellers.
More Books Like This